Monday, February 27, 2012

Kuntani Japanese Porcelain Vintage Ginger Jar Gold w Chrysanthemums $ 75

CLICK TITLE TO BUY

In my living room, dining room, and master bedroom, I have large glass showcases with collections of antique and vintage wares I have owned for several decades. Some of the showcases are wall to wall and today, at my age, it is time to part with some of these cherished items. I only mention the showcases because this it where all of my collectibles have been stored, protected from sunlight, dust, and dirt. Everything has never been touched except for cleaning and all items are perfectly clean.

I could look at this Japanese ginger jar a hundred times a day because every time I glance at it, it makes me happy. The combination of rich floral colors on the gold background are extremely satisfying. I don't know how long I've had this ginger jar but I believe I acquired it sometime in the 1960s. It is marked with a Kutani mark that I have researched. I cannot date the piece but the Kutani mark is Kutani Bunho-Bunpo.

Another aspect I like about this jar is the size. It is short and squatty and easy to pick up with one hand. The lid and bottom area of the jar are sienna brown with Japanese geometric art work in gold. The vase measures about 5" tall x 4 1/2" wide or 12.7 cm x 11.4 cm.

Both jar and lid are in pristine like new condition with no imperfections or factory flaws. There is no gold or enamel wear and the colors are vibrant and bright. There are no chips, cracks, or repairs. The vase has never been used for anything inside.

PLEASE NOTE : PRIORITY SHIPPING IS REQUIRED AT CHECKOUT FOR THIS ITEM.
Post a Comment