Thursday, March 29, 2012

Funky Vintage Necklace Avon Polished Spectrum Lucite 1980s Jewelry $45

Funky Vintage Necklace Avon Polished Spectrum Lucite 1980s Jewelry $45


Never underestimate the incredible quality of some vintage jewelry that was made by Avon. If you know what to look for, some Avon pieces are not only great collectible investments, but durable, timeless designs you can enjoy wearing.

The most important aspect when it comes to vintage Avon necklaces like this one is the condition. The beads must look like new: and that is NOT the case with many vintage Avon necklaces.

This necklace was only made in 1986 and I have owned it since it was new. The design name is Polished Spectrum. It is a necklace I have never wanted to sell because I received tons of compliments when I wore it, and I always enjoyed wearing it. I guess I've worn it maybe a dozen times, but I have kept it in perfect like new pristine clean condition.

The marbled and translucent square Lucite cabs overlap in a domino effect. The jewel tone colors were made to imitate the look of gem colors like Jade, Carnelian, Onyx, Amber, and Amethyst. The necklace is 21" or 53.3 cm long. The squares are each 3/4" or 19 mm wide. Of course this necklace has been very well cared for by me and there no imperfections or flaws.
Post a Comment