Friday, December 28, 2012

Antiqued Silver Pin Big Lichen Moss or Sea Weed Brooch 1950s Jewelry $85

Antiqued Silver Pin Big Lichen Moss or Sea Weed Brooch 1950s Jewelry

CLICK TITLE TO BUY


This 1950s vintage brooch is an extremely rare design. It reminds me of lichens, moss, or seaweed, but it also reminds me of a very special type of coral that is rarely seen by humans called Articulated Coralline Algae.

This large and multi dimensional brooch is made of antiqued silver metal that looks like pewter. It is not pewter, but rather a mix of nickel and zinc. The brooch is not signed however I can tell you in my 30+ years of collecting vintage jewelry, I have never seen another brooch like this one.

The brooch is large but not heavy to wear. It is 2 1/2" or 64 mm wide. You can get a better indication of the size by viewing the photo of the brooch in my hand.

The entire brooch is in pristine clean like new condition with no imperfections or flaws. There is no silver metal wear or loss of silver metal. The back has the original fine working safety clasp.

Comes gift wrapped and shipped in a new luxury presentation brooch box.
Post a Comment