Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ethnic Latino Vintage Necklace Quartz Sterling Marble 1970s Jewelry $120

Ethnic Latino Vintage Necklace Quartz Sterling Marble 1970s Jewelry

CLICK TITLE TO BUY

I acquired this very unique hand made Latino necklace in my travels in the mid 1970s in Guadalajara or Puerto Vallarta Mexico. I cant remember which place, because I hung out on the beaches at both, but I remember a man on the beach selling necklaces he had made to tourists.

Fascinating to me now more than ever, this necklace is made of hand cut and polished rounds of white quartz along with nutmeg brown carved marble barrel beads. Between the focal beads are sterling silver rounds, hematite tube beads, and black Onyx rounds.

The necklace is nice and long but not heavy to wear. It is about 38" or 97 cm long. The quartz rounds are 10-11 mm and the carved marble beads are 20 mm long. The necklace is finished with an antique style slide-in hook clasp.

The entire necklace is in pristine clean like new condition and has only been worn once or twice. All of the beads are flawless with no chips or cracks. I've hand polished the sterling beads intentionally leaving the old patina. The necklace is not signed.

Comes gift wrapped and shipped in a new luxury presentation necklace box.

Post a Comment