Sunday, April 14, 2013

Antique Bavarian Wood Plate w HP Enamel Flowers Early 20th Century $65

CLICK TITLE TO BUY


I have loved this hand painted Bavarian plate for many decades. I have a large collection of hand painted antique wooden plates and bowls but now it is time for me to reluctantly sell parts of my collection. 
 
This plate was made in the 1930-1940 era and it is not signed but I can assure you it is Bavarian. The plate is old lathe turned wood and hand painted in high gloss enamels. The artistry is spectacular and the white scroll trim around the perimeter, all hand painted, is very impressive.

All of the enamels are a special quality with extreme glowing radiance or brilliance. The primary colors are black, white, beige, orange, red, sage green, dark green.

The plate measures 9 7/8" wide. There is a hanger on back for hanging or it can be displayed on a plate easel.

I have kept this plate unused in a curio cabinet for many decades. The entire plate is in superb condition with no signs of wear and no imperfections or flaws.
Post a Comment