Saturday, April 13, 2013

Funky Vintage Earrings Wild Deco Triangles 1970s Jewelry $24

CLICK TITLE TO BUY

After many decades, Im reluctantly selling these wild funky earrings.

The earrings are for pierced ears and they were made in the early 1970s. I wore them a few times in the 1970s and every time I wore them, my girl friends and sisters tried to steal them. I put them away along with thousands of other jewelry items I have and forgot I had them.

Recently when I re-discovered them, I realized they were quite special as the jump ring is not metal. Technically, the earrings are not acrylic like we know today. They are old poured thermoset plastic in bright yellow, purple, and light green. The plastic is very light weight and borders on what we know as old celluloid.

The earrings are 3 1/4" or 83 mm long.

The pair is in excellent clean glossy condition with some very light microscopic wear only where the triangles rub against each other (hardly worth noting). The ear studs are new and never worn.

Comes gift wrapped and shipped in a new presentation earring box.
Post a Comment