Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oriental Bonsai Tree Carved Yellow Jade Flowers Vintage 1960s $55

Oriental Bonsai Tree Carved Yellow Jade Flowers Vintage 1960s $55

I think that perhaps one of the most admirable exports to ever come out of China in the 1950-1960 era were carved Jade Bonsai trees.

Over the past 30+ years, I have acquired many. Im trying to count my head how many I have in my glass curio cabinets in the livining room, dining, bedroom, and bath, and Im coming up with about 20. All are quite massive and I would never feel comfortable trying to ship them. However, I decided to let one go because it is a demitasse size. I should keep it because the carved yellow jade Bonsai trees are the most difficult to find!

The flower petal are carved yellow Jade but I believe the leaves are carved marbled green glass but they might be Jade; Im not certain. The lovely celadon ribbed pot is finished with glazed quartz nuggets inside.

One thing I insist upon for the care of these trees is that I always keep them in a glass curio to prevent anyone from handling them and breaking the leaves, but also to keep out dust. You may see other Bonsai trees for sale online and if they have not been protected over the decades, you will end up with a low quality tree that has chipped and missing leaves and so much dust it is almost impossible to clean.

This mini Bonsai tree is 5 3/4" tall x 4 1/4" wide.

Both pot and tree are in pristine clean like new condition with no imperfections or flaws. There are no chipped or missing leaves.

Please
Note : USPS Priority Mail Shipping for $ 8.50 is required at checkout for this item to anywhere in the US.
Post a Comment