Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wicked Witch Vintage Pin BIG Enamel Pewter Brooch JJ Signed Jewelry $35

Wicked Witch Vintage Pin BIG Enamel Pewter Brooch JJ Signed Jewelry $35

I should make my mother wear this wicked witch brooch ! 
 
You see, when I was in elementary school in the 1960s, my mother and her best friend dressed up like witches one Halloween and came into my school screaming and running down the halls, terrorizing all the kids, and beating the teachers with their brooms. Everyone was totally traumatized and no one knew who these witches were! Kids were crying the entire ride home on the bus: they had been chased by witches at school !

When I got home, my mother was sitting on the front porch reading a magazine like nothing happened. She casually said, " How was your day at school? " Suspecting her right from the start, I couldn't pin it on her, but I had a gut feeling.

This was the same woman who sometimes put plastic fruit in my lunch box, took bites out of my sandwiches before wrapping them, and sometimes left the wrapper on the cheese slices on sandwiches... on purpose. I searched the house for clues. Was the broom still in the closet ? Where were the costumes? I found nothing, and she would not admit to it, but I knew it was her. It took years to pry the truth out of her!

This satin cast pewter wicked witch brooch, flying on her broomstick, has satin red hair and satin red on the broom sticks. The cape, hat, and boots are glossy black enamel. The brooch is designer signed JJ for Jonnette jewelry and was made in the 1980-1990 era. ( JJ went out of business in 2006.)

Large in size, the brooch is 3 1/8" wide x 2" tall or 80 mm x 50 mm. The entire brooch is in pristine clean like new condition with no imperfections or flaws. There is no enamel wear and no scratches or dings. The back has the original fine working safety clasp and is signed JJ.

Comes gift wrapped and shipped in a new presentation brooch box.
Post a Comment